Tuesday, January 3, 2012
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 medium zucchini
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup reduced fat coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
chili sauce/thai chilies (optional)
- cook brown rice.
- heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- add chopped zuchini and continue to cook until hot throughout.
- add the yogurt and coconut milk and simmer gently for 3 minutes. stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes.
- remove from heat.
- divide the rice and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro and chili.